||VP of Technical Services
||Sioux Falls office
High Point Networks seeks an experienced, full-time Systems Engineer to serve our clients.
The position is a great opportunity for a self-motivated person to represent High Point Networks at client sites, working directly with clients and end-users to resolve their IT issues from simple to complex.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, Active directory, etc.
- Implement and support local backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Support the network level: WAN & LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer's needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in company service application as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Enter all work as service tickets into company service application
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, or VMware VCP
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Helpful experience, but not required:
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010
Deadline: Open until filled
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com to be considered for this position.
|The High Point Culture | 1:13
|Students of the Industry | 0:52
|Why High Point Networks? | 1:08