||VP of Technical Services
||West Fargo office
High Point Networks seeks an experienced, full-time Telephony Engineer to serve our clients.
The position is a great opportunity for a self-motivated person to represent High Point Networks at client sites, working directly with clients and end-users to resolve their IT issues from simple to complex.
The Telephony Engineer is responsible for all onsite telephony design, implementation, and service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all telecommunications technology, to include: VoIP, traditional telecommunications systems, voicemail systems, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Telephony support relating to technical issues involving all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and vendor specific hardware and software
- VoIP and traditional telecommunications systems design and implementation at client locations
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of IP telephony servers, switches, routers, and gateways
- Work with telecommunications carriers for ordering, installation, and troubleshooting of voice and data circuits
- Resolve system alerts and notifications from the remote monitoring and management system through service tickets
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service and project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch proces
- Enter all work as service tickets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- In depth knowledge and expertise in VoIP protocols
- Working knowledge of access network issues that impact VoIP performance as well as their measurement and analysis
- Understanding of networks including cable modems, DSL, and wireless
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Deadline: Open until filled
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.
|The High Point Culture | 1:13
|Students of the Industry | 0:52
|Why High Point Networks? | 1:08